Huwebes, Hulyo 23, 2015

Stop Using These Excuses and Try Yoga [illustrated with GIFs]

If I had a dollar for every excuse I heard from my friends about trying a yoga class, I’d have a lot more spare cash!

giphy

NBC

I am amazed at the amount of resistance I get from my friends and family when I tell them to try yoga. You would think all of the medical and scientific evidence surrounded the benefits of yoga would be enough to sway them, right? Unfortunately that isn’t the case.

I decided to have some fun with the top excuses I hear and why they are pretty ridiculous. Enjoy.

Excuse 1: I’m not flexible

yoga-fail-dog-gif

gifak.net

This is a big one. A big ridiculous one – you don’t have to be flexible to do yoga! Yoga will help you become more flexible, but there are adjustments and modifications for every move. Some yoga teachers can’t even touch their toes. IT’S OK.

Excuse 2: It’s too expensive

ip6-29b8e

Paramount Pictures

Listen, I know it can be pricey – been there, done that. Luckily, there’s some free and way less priced options out there! And an investment in yourself and well-being is the best one you can make.

Excuse 3: I don’t have time

TONDq

gif-central.blogspot.com

The best part about yoga is, you can practice at anytime! It’s more than just the poses (asanas). It’s a complete mind, body and spirit practice. If you can’t make it to the studio all of the time, turn on a quick YouTube video or take a few minutes to focus on your breathing. Oh, and you can even try some of my desk yoga moves!

Excuse 4: It’s just stretching, I need more of a challenge.

tumblr_inline_njatuohaIO1rbra2d

Bravo

Worst excuse ever. Seriously. Some of the hardest workouts I’ve done have been in a yoga class. There’s so many options when it comes to yoga, including power flow classes, core centered classes, rocket yoga and hybrid yoga and strength classes. Trust me, find a power class and you will never say that again.

Excuse 5: I can’t quiet my mind.

3a471330-dfca-0132-4636-0ebc4eccb42f

AMC

This is my mom’s favorite excuse. If Don Draper can do it, anyone can! Even for me, I originally started to do yoga for a workout. Once I began going weekly, I started to learn how to focus and be “in the moment”. It may take a few classes. It may take a few teachers. But it will happen and you will thank me (hopefully).

Excuse 6: It’s against my religion.

cam-no

ABC

I love this one. Yoga is a spiritual practice. A practice that helps to connect you with the “divine”…aka anything you believe in, whether it’s God, Buddha, the universe, whatever. Nothing that happens in yoga will be against your religion. If anything, it will allow you to go deeper into your spiritually and religious beliefs.

Excuse 7: I don’t know any of the moves.

I-Dont-Understand-It-Leslie-Knope-Parks-and-Recreation

NBC

There’s a reason every studio has beginner or level 1 classes.

Excuse 8: I have an injury, so I can’t do it.

1425931055-phoebe-wishes-she-could-but-doesnt-want-to-on-friends-gif

NBC

Yoga might be one of the best things to do when you have an injury, no matter what it may be. Anytime you have an injury, it’s recommended to talk to your teacher before class so they can recommend alternative movements or modifications. And yoga is about “your practice”. If you can’t do something, then you don’t. Also, look into restorative or therapeutic based classes.

Excuse 9: I do other workouts, so I don’t need yoga.

lyi3lr6

NBC

Yoga is the perfect addition to any work-out regimen. Need something to do on your light or off-day? Try a restorative or yin class to balance your energy and stretch your muscles. Working on core or strength? Try a vinyasa, power or hatha class!

Excuse 10: Yoga’s for girls.

Instagram: @dylanwerneryoga Instagram: @dade2shelby Instagram: @carsonclaycalhoun

I’ll just let these photos speak for themselves…oh, and Adam Levine. Ladies, you’re welcome. Men, hop on the bandwagon!

Try yoga…just try it!

The post Stop Using These Excuses and Try Yoga [illustrated with GIFs] appeared first on Passion for Home - Bestlaminate Blog.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento