Martes, Setyembre 8, 2015

Pattern of the Month: Dotty

September is my most favorite month of the year since we still enjoy the warmth of summer but fall is just around the corner. It’s harvest season here so the region is busy testing the sugars and bringing in the grapes when they’re ready. I’ve been taking walks in the evening just to enjoy a bit more time outdoors before it cools down.

I had ambitions of pulling together a collection of fall fabrics inspired by the season but realistic demands prevented it. In lieu of a collection I’ve switched things up and decided to release one per month for the rest of the year. September’s pattern is a medley of imperfect dots arranged in a geometric repeat, appropriately named Dotty and now available in 13 colors in my Spoonflower shop.

krd dotty samples

The palette for fall is warmer, so I introduced several earth tone colors like Olive, Slate, and Wine, but you’ll also find Leaf, Teal, Berry, Mustard, and Indigo among the colors available.

dotty kitchen towels and grapes

The pattern makes lovely curtains, pillows, and table linens too.

krd curtain

krd tablecloth

krd pillow

krd dotty pattern napkins

To design my own fabric patterns, I taught myself Photoshop and Illustrator several years ago. If you’re a beginner and interested in designing your own fabrics, I think the best two books out there to help you get started are Mastering the Art of Fabric Printing and Design by Laurie Wisbrun and the just released Spoonflower Handbook.

color chart fabric design books

I also recommend purchasing the Spoonflower Color Map in a full yard, it gives you the RGB hexidecimal codes for several hundred colors which is a great starting point for digital fabric printing.

As always the patterns are available as fabric, wall paper, and gift wrap too, view all my designs on my portfolio site.  Cheers!

The post Pattern of the Month: Dotty appeared first on Centsational Girl.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento