Biyernes, Setyembre 4, 2015

10 Must-Have Furnishings & Decor For The Fall Season!

Fall door wreath | Image source: Wayfair

While it will be a long time before it really feels like fall around here in Texas, we still have fall activities like football, school starting, and planning for the holidays to look forward to.

Oh, and we can begin to feel a tiny bit of relief from the heat, too. (Well, at least every once in awhile.) and in case you aren't aware of just how desperate we are for a little bit of cool comfort, know this: Here in The Woodlands, if we get just one day where there is slight North breeze coming our way, we instantly pull out our boots and sweaters and door wreaths just so we can pretend fall temperatures have arrived for good. Yes, we are that desperate around here for cool weather.


Another activity us Texans can’t wait to indulge in at this time of year is...

Fall decorating!

That’s right! And because I am in such a festive fall mood today, I want to share a few links with you to some products that will help you cozy up your home — yes, even if it is still 90 degrees outside.

 

Here are a few thoughts for you to consider before you scroll down to see all the beautiful items I've collected for you:

◆ The pillows from Wayfair… I love them. Plaid and houndstooth patterns really add a cozy feel to a room. When ordering pillows online, make sure you go big. The ones I’ve selected for you are 22” x 22”, down-filled, luxurious, and a good size for a sofa. I wouldn’t bother to even own an 18” x 18” pillow unless it was stashed amongst a lot of other larger pillows.

◆ I’m not a big fan of decked out wreaths that are full of too many bows, picks, and stuff; but I do like a simple twining of leaves or greens, and the wreath featured below is perfect for fall. I can just see it on a black front door. I also love the cotton wreath. Recently I’ve been using cotton as an organic material in vases, when styling on jobs; and I love the texture it brings.

◆ And the magnolia leaf garland... It would make a great addition to a dining table centerpiece.

 

I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for fall!

And, as evidenced by the theme of today’s suggested shopping list… I want you to be, too. ;-)


10 Must-Have Furnishings & Decor For The Fall Season! *Disclaimer: DESIGNED w/ Carla Aston is not responsible for the items on these boards. Please direct all concerns to a product's manufacturer.

A

Cotton Wreath

B

Red Cedar Candle

C

Sutton Throw Pillow

D

Grass Wreath

E

Garland

F

Knit Throw

G

Hobart Throw Pillow

H

Elk Antler

I

Adele Trays

J

Trianon Globe


if so, subscribe to DESIGN REFRESH, my bi-weekly newsletter featuring design tips & tools that will have your home looking fresh and new in no time! Thank you!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento