Lunes, Setyembre 21, 2015

Here's How My Room At The Woodlands' ASID Holiday Showhouse Will Be Designed To Delight!

The room for the upcoming ASID Holiday Showhouse in The Woodlands, Texas I, Carla Aston, will be designing.

Well well well…

A lot has been brewing in our studio over the last month, as I’ve got some fabulous projects going on; one of which is a new-build of a wedding venue. It’s located out in the country nearby and I can’t wait to see how it unfolds!


As for that Honey Bee Ham project I’ve been talking about HERE and HERE: It’s nearing completion. And let me tell you…

Our work has resulted in a complete and total transformation of that space. The owner says familiar customers are walking in, looking around, and wondering if they have the right place. :-)

I’ll be photographing this one this soon. We’re getting the booths and outdoor seating in this week. Oh, and we’ve got to start filling out the chalkboard signage, too. Eeeee… I can’t wait!!

if so, subscribe to DESIGN REFRESH, my bi-weekly newsletter featuring design tips & tools that will have your home looking fresh and new in no time!

Thank you!


I also have some beautiful residential jobs going on...

It makes me soooo happy to visit the sites and see progress being made. (It’s my fave thing to do.) I love putting the finishing touches in — you know, the accessories, art, and all the little details. It just makes for a super-complete look. And they’re EASY for photo shoots. :-)

One of my biggies that’s coming up is a room for the upcoming ASID Holiday Showhouse in The Woodlands; it’s making its debut this holiday season, December 5-20. You HAVE to come and see how we are going to transform this tired-but-beautiful mansion! Right now it’s a little “Six Feet Under”. (You understand that reference if you’ve seen the show.) There are many talented designers involved; and we’ll be decorating for the holidays, too. So it will be a fun outing for the whole family. (There’s will be a big media/game room and a man cave there, too; so there’s something for everyone!)


I got my first pick of the rooms. A “woman’s retreat” is what they’re calling it.

It’ll be located just to the right when you walk in the house, under the grand stair on the bottom floor. All the cabinets had been freshly painted a perfect gray color. It has a gorgeous window with a window seat, as well as a fab storage closet. That’s why I’m going to do it up as a designer’s home studio. It’ll be feminine, but strong. And to make sure it doesn’t feel fussy… I’ll be throwing in some high contrast, as well as a few contemporary elements. I’ll be going with an indigo, or navy, to contrast with the gray. And then I’ll add some pattern and a lot of luxury, too.

We’re just now turning in our design schemes for approval, which means the construction part will start soon. (This is fast-track, so the less we do construction-wise the better for the contractor and our timeline.)

 

I’m so incredibly happy with my room that the construction-part will be minimal. To-dos include…

Wallcovering; some paint touch-ups; changing the outlets and switches to anything but yellowed-ivory; adding a little bit of special finishing; changing out some lighting, removing the window treatment, etc . Once all that is said and done we’ll be good to go. (I’m securing furniture items now. ;-)

For more insights, check out this Pinterest board I created for it:

Follow DESIGNED w/ Carla Aston's board Showhouse Room 2015 - ASID Holiday Showhouse on Pinterest.

Here are the before pics:

The room for the upcoming ASID Holiday Showhouse in The Woodlands, Texas I, Carla Aston, will be designing. The room for the upcoming ASID Holiday Showhouse in The Woodlands, Texas I, Carla Aston, will be designing. The room for the upcoming ASID Holiday Showhouse in The Woodlands, Texas I, Carla Aston, will be designing. Love the crystal door knobs.

Love the crystal door knobs.

Ivory switches and outlets to go.

Ivory switches and outlets to go.

Closet light fixture to be changed out.

Closet light fixture to be changed out.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento