Miyerkules, Hunyo 3, 2015

Collections

Did you catch the June issue of Country Living? It had so many great features, from the spotlight on classic pickup trucks to travel trailers, and a beautiful barn house feature on page 64, I recognized the image of mercury glass bottles from designer Rachel Halvorson’s portfolio (below). In the issue Miranda Lambert reveals she collects vintage salt and pepper shakers, and it got me thinking about the things we collect and how our collections are a window to our heart, often attached to some fond memory or collected simply because they speak to us in some way.

In my twenties I collected cheap mini monuments since I traveled a lot more back then, silly but sentimental, having them still reminds me of the many countries I visited. In my thirties I turned to decorative vessels, I have a mini collection of silver (I polished it yesterday), now I want to collect vintage glass but it’s pricey. I look for it everywhere and whenever I get to NYC I stop into The End of History to splurge on something new. I also subscribe to the notion that one really cannot have too many white shapely ceramic objects!

white pottery collection

rikki snyder

milk glass collection

 country living

mercury glass collection (2)

rachel halvorson

Collections look fantastic when gathered together in a single spot, they enhance each other by being so close together, it also allows for better appreciation.

jadeite collection

country living

fiestaware collection

country living

pyrex collection

bluebird notes

blue burleigh china collection

burleigh

transferware collection

design*sponge

ironstone collection

tone on tone

blue and white china bhg

better homes and gardens

 

Do you collect anything special? Dishes, vessels, or mementos? Instagram them if you do using #thingsicollect or link to a post you mention it or simply share what you collect and why…

Collections is a post from Centsational Girl Republishing this article in full or in part is a violation of copyright law. © 2009-2015, all rights reserved.

The post Collections appeared first on Centsational Girl.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento