Huwebes, Abril 21, 2016

The Art of Arranging Flowers & Books, As Taught By 'Hotel Emma'




Fresh flower bunch - Hotel Emma










I've been toying with the idea of taking a flower arranging class. 

It's really something I am not good at. I try, but I usually end up with a single type, mass of flowers in my photoshoots. Typically, there's lots to do on those days, and I don't have much time to arrange the flowers. Because it's not something I can do quickly and with ease, I just go en masse with one type of flower.

 

Seeing how others arrange flowers to make natural, beautiful combinations truly inspires me. 

When I visited Hotel Emma last weekend and saw their flowers everywhere, I had to share them here with you. They are absolutely gorgeous. Most of the creations have a wildflower type look or a really dense, colorful fullness. I just love that they are a bit wild and overflowing, almost bursting out of the container. The rustic pottery containers are so appropriate.

On just about every tabletop in the hotel, books also reside. There is a library, where guests are treated with a cocktail and a visit with the concierge, while perusing this lovely collection of 3,700 books, acquired from Sherry Kafka Wagner. There's more about "The Library" HERE.

Please note in the photo below of the library bookshelves, how they are lit from above in the shelves below eye level, and lit from below in the shelves above eye level. While perusing the books, there aren't any glaring light sources shining in your eyes. :-) Roman and Williams thought of everything. 

 

Books and fresh flowers: just the very best decorating accessories...right?

I think so. ;-)







Books on coffee table - Hotel Emma Lobby








 





Fresh flower bunch - Hotel Emma














Bookshelves - The Library, Hotel Emma














Fresh flowers in metal can - Hotel Emma














Fresh flowers on side table - Hotel Emma














Lobby Bookshelf - Hotel Emma














Lobby flowers - Hotel Emma














Spring branches - Hotel Emma














Entry Hall Table - Hotel Emma














Fresh Flowers - Hotel Emma














Fresh flowers on side table - Hotel Emma














Fresh flowers on side table - Hotel Emma Lobby














Fruit bowl - Hotel Emma














Fresh flowers, orchids - Hotel Emma Lobby














Lobby with paneling - Hotel Emma








Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento