Huwebes, Abril 28, 2016

Photography As Art: A Home Decor Must-Have!




Photographer: Tori Aston







Photographer: Tori Aston








One day I was cruising through Instagram and one of my photographer daughter's posts popped up in my feed. It was a photo she took out on a walk in LA:







Photographer: Tori Aston





Photographer: Tori Aston








It just really caught my attention. I loved that it was bold and had a graphic quality to it, referencing nature with an organic appeal. I knew I wanted a copy of it because it would look great on a wall in my home.

I don't have many walls for art; none of us do here in The Woodlands. We have big, open spaces and lots of tall windows. However, I do have one really special place for art above my fireplace.

Previously, I had this painting we purchased when we lived in Australia, hanging there.

I love it. It's done by an Aboriginal artist whose gallery we visited in Alice Springs; but it's red, and I'm not really a fan of red. I also had wanted something bigger, because this wall is a two-story space. I have since put that painting in my dining room, and it looks great there.







Aboriginal painting








Then I had some faux grillwork hung above the fireplace. It was actually a piece left over from a project. This particular piece had come in 2” too wide to be installed in a window. Not sure how that happened, since there were three windows and the other two fit perfectly. I had them measured by my window treatment installer, and it should have been a perfect fit, but things don't always go as planned. When that happens, I have to assume the responsibility when it's purchased through my studio and do it over. So I had this very tall piece of faux iron grillwork hanging on this wall for a couple of years. 







Mantel - Before with grillwork








Really though, it wasn't my style. I'm kind of over the whole curly ironwork thing and wanted something bold, graphic and more up-to-date over my fireplace. I'm soooo into photography as art; and, because I have a photographer in the family, had been thinking about checking out some of her images for awhile. When I saw this photo I knew it would work beautifully and make for a bold design refresh for this room.







Overall Fireplace - Photography as art over fireplace, Tori Aston, Photographer.








Fantastic! I love it!

Now I just have to talk my husband into letting me re-tile the fireplace surround in my gorgeous limestone that I used on my kitchen floors. It's the perfect consistent color and works so well with my SW Black Fox paint on the mantel!







Limestone








Just when he thinks we've remodeled the whole house..... :-/

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento