Huwebes, Disyembre 17, 2015

My Perfect Ginger Jar Christmas Tree Stand | Here's How I Did It...

Ginger jar Christmas tree stand | Interior Designer: Carla Aston

Although I have a typical Christmas tree stand and skirt at home, for my Showhouse room I didn’t want the base of my tree to look typical.

In fact, because the space is a home office and rather small and intimate, I needed a tree that was slim and didn’t take up a lot of floor space. Add to that the feminine vibe of this room, the 12 foot tall ceiling, and my gorgeous rug that I didn’t want to cover up, and you can see that a vertical, feminine type tree stand would be perfect.

if so, subscribe to DESIGN REFRESH, my monthly newsletter featuring design tips & tools that will have your home looking fresh and new in no time! Thank you!

The night before the Showhouse I was in a bit of a panic.

I had a clunky, regular stand for this slim, fresh, six-foot high noble fir I had gotten a local nursery, but I didn’t want to use it. I had considered a tabletop tree to lift the tree off the ground, but the slimmest fresh tree I found was the six-footer. I wanted it to be part of the room, but not overpower it. This was an extra little tree in the house, not the main Christmas tree. It was meant to add some Christmas spirit, but not be the total focus of the room.

I wanted to somehow use the one extra ginger jar that I had collected for the top of my cabinets in the room. These are super heavy and over two feet tall. I was using them to fill up these tall cabinet spaces in the room.

I had taken the tree and the ginger jar home, hoping my husband, the engineer, could figure out how to cut up the stand and insert it into the jar so it would be supported; and I would keep it watered. When we started considering the how-to in the garage, we actually just stuck the tree into the jar at one point to rest it there while examining the stand. It actually stood up by itself. And with a tiny bit of trimming at the base, it stood quite erect and sturdily in a pitcher of water inside the jar.

Hence my perfect Christmas tree stand for this room.

It’s feminine in shape, relating to the other jars in the space, visually separating the tree from the floor with it’s white color, providing a slim, narrow footprint; and the ceramic material relates to some of the white ceramic ornaments on the tree.

I was happy! ;-)

Click here to Pin this to Pinterest!

Click here to Pin this to Pinterest!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento