Martes, Marso 29, 2016

The Best Decorative Discoveries Found At Round Top Antiques Fair!




Round Top - mannequins 1.jpg










I always enjoy scoring some new sources and finds, especially when they show up at my back door.

The Round Top Antiques Fair, held every fall and spring, is just about an hour and a half drive away from me. I try to go at least once a year, depending on my schedule and...well...the weather. Sometimes it is just too hot!

We had beautiful weather this past weekend when I ventured out with my friend and former client, Terri, whose house I worked on years ago. (Check it out HERE and HERE.)

Terri loves color and a collected, global vibe. She is now drawn more to blues and turquoise and wanted to check out some of my haunts with me this trip to add more of that color to her home. It's nice to have someone to tag along with me to poke around the jillions of vendors and stalls to see what all we can find.

Our first stop was Djem, Unique Design, a rug dealer who I typically buy olive jars from. He always has a great selection and deals with me when I buy in quantity. I used some of those olive jars styling for this kitchen remodel and have used some of the black ones on my own mantel.

I found this settee there, upholstered in an Oushak rug, which I almost bought. I have been wanting a settee in my dining room for dining seating to add softness and a lighter, more textural feel to the room, but hadn't made a move on that yet. I didn't really like the arms though; I thought they'd be a bit bulky at a dining table. And...well...I can get something made just the way I want it, with a more tapered arm. I happen to have a gorgeous neutral Oushak rug rolled up, sitting in my studio unused, and this was just the idea I needed to put that rug to good use. (That is IF no one still wants to buy it?????)







Settee














Settee








I looked at some rugs and Terri found a settee that made exactly the statement she was looking for in her entry hall.  In the photo it was directly across from the settee I was looking at. I loved it, but recommended a slight graying down and darkening of the finish on the wood. To me, it was just a bit too “unnatural” in the variation and a bit too bright. I can't wait to see how it looks when she's done with it.

I love to stop at Arbor Antiques, right next door, where there is nice mix of vendors - it's a little more high end, but still with great deals to be had on quality items. 

I love to see the artists, and I met several new ones this time I hadn't met before. Terri fell in love with this painting by Chawn Murrah. She hasn't made up her mind yet, but I think it would look awesome in her dining room, as it would take her more traditional room to an edgier place. Chawn is from Atlanta and had several paintings I was interested in. 







Artist: Chawn Murrah














Artist: Chawn Murrah














Artist: Chawn Murrah








I loved these watercolor paintings by Kendall Boggs. They're able to work in any type of interior to add a hint of color. 







Feather paintings by Kendall Boggs








Loved these colorful contemporary pieces by artist Jane Montez. She has some incredible  bold portraits that really make a colorful statement.







Artist: Jane Montez














Artist: Jane Montez














Bella's Candles | Gretchen Carr








We also chatted with Gretchen Carr, owner of Bella's Candles. She pours fabulous scented candles into special silver or antique glass bowls and containers. She will even pour them into a container of yours; she'll be doing so at an event coming up in Houston: DASH Spring Market at Silver Spring Studios in April. Bring your special dish or bowl - maybe something from your grandmother, an inherited item, or something that has a nice memory. Instead of collecting dust, it can cast a warm light and a beautiful scent into a room.

Here's the event info.  







Bella's Candles | Gretchen Carr














Bella's Candles | Gretchen Carr








Loved these blankets from Victoria Taylor of Antevasins Imports. She's from California and has such a beautiful collection of global blankets and pillows. I bought a Moroccan wool throw for myself, in a neutral taupe, to have in my living room. Many are colorful and large, sized to go on a bed. They have such a great boho style. I really pushed Terri to buy one; I thought it would be perfect for her bedroom, but I just couldn't quite make that sale. :-)







Moroccan blanket and pillows | Antevasins














Moroccan blanket and pillows | Antevasins








I also met Landon Shockey of Fairplay Farm Modern. His furniture is exquisitely crafted in Arkansas and then finished with a high gloss that is much more durable than lacquer. It's an automotive paint and, believe me, the finish is divine! This pic I have does not do it justice. He can customize these pieces and, of course, you can pick your own color from any Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore paint. Can I have a “heart” here please??







High gloss furniture | Fairplay Farm Modern








Next, we headed down to Warrenton, out into the dusty fields, to find some of my usual vendors. Unfortunately, I don't have cards or info on some of these vendors. It sort of all runs together for me, but I know where they are and do track them down. 

This vendor, "More Than Antiques", has antiques, decorative objects and architecturals from Europe. Great prices, too. I bought a few more apples for my collection of concrete fruit I use for styling.







Apples








I typically stop at a vendor down on the front corner; he has lots of quantity and some unusual items, much from Asia. This time I found these slag glass chunks that I've seen around in high end decor shops. They're sharp, but oh-so-beautiful on a bookshelf (out of way of a child's hands). I've never seen so many of these in one place before. They're quite amazing.







Glass chunks








My live-edge love was satisfied here with these mantels, finished and ready to go in mesquite wood. (This was in the fields at Warrenton, again totally lost track of which tent. Sorry!)







Live edge mantels








Lastly, on my way out of town, I try to stop in to McLaren's, a permanent fixture outside of Round Top. Typically they invite you to have a drink while you browse, play live music at the end of the day, and generally have even more unique finds to wander through. I always find good pieces there to finish off my day.







Finials at McLaren's














McLaren's














McLaren's








Had to slip in a mannequin pic or two here. I'm kind of obsessed with how they sell at vintage and flea markets like this. 







Mannequins














Mannequins








Have you ever been to Round Top? 

Where do you shop and what great finds have you unearthed there?

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento