Huwebes, Marso 10, 2016

10 Must-Have Pieces of Spring Decor!




10 MUST-HAVE Spring Pieces of Decor!










I’m not much of a seasonal decorator. 

First of all, I don’t have much time for that. And secondly, I think there’s sort of a perfect place for everything in a home. Once you figure that out and find the best spot for that piece of art, pillow, or accessory, it all sort of “works”, and you shouldn’t mess with it too much.

I spent a lot of years “messing” with my stuff. Whenever I bring in something new it creates a new dynamic, and I have to rearrange things. So, once I find the perfect spot for something...I’m unlikely to change things up just for the seasons.

However, I do realize that something fresh and light in the way of decor is desired by many and, in fact, goes a long way to boost one’s spirits after the dead of winter. (Not that we have a winter down here in Houston (it’s actually a wonderful time of year for us), but we’ve seen your photos on Facebook — we understand. :-)

With that in mind...

I’m sharing a few unique and inexpensive ideas here to make your rearranging a bit easier and more delightful. 

Add a long, skinny pillow. So maybe you have all your decorative square pillows and they work beautifully with your decor. Can your sofa actually hold one more pillow? Sure. A long one, in the center, can brighten up the sofa and is very on trend. 
















Lay out a lightweight throw. Fold all those fuzzy wool blankies up and get something light for the sofa. Just the change in visual weight alone will have you feeling as fresh as spring in no time.

Remove the pods and pinecones and, instead, bring in the topiaries and moss. I love having seed pods, branches, very natural rustic organic material in my home. They don’t die, and they add some natural elements and texture to a room. When spring rolls around, a few topiaries or moss covered balls do seem appropriate, and you can add in spring buds or wildflowers from outdoors in small vases without bringing in tons of pollen or spending a fortune on fresh flowers that won’t last.

Add touches of white or off-white. I added in these white ginger jars into my bookcases in my Showhouse room last year. It brightened up the shelving and broke up the busy look of the colorful book jackets. 







Add touches of white in your decor to lighten the look.





Add touches of white in your decor to lighten the look.








Light a fresh, new scented candle. I’ve got a garden-inspired scented candle linked below. Perfect for spring!

Don’t forget the birds. Whenever I accessorize a home I invariably end up with one or two bird figures. I love birds, and I think they make your home feel light with a touch of whimsy. They are perfect for the top of a book, on a tray, a mantel, perched just about anywhere. They add a little detail to the display.

Choose one or two significant places in your home to add a touch of spring. You don’t have to do this all over the house to make an impact. The fireplace mantel, the entry hall console, the dining table, a coffee table…any place that is a focal point, visually, in your home can be just the place for some selective spring decor. The rest can stay just as is, in their “perfect” spots.

Let the sunshine in. While window treatments are a big part of my business, I really don’t like to block sunlight, and I prefer to have treatments that don’t break up the window but, instead, make it feel tall and expansive. (See example of Before and After) Take an honest look at your windows. Can you open up those top shutters that you closed off without thinking? (Maybe even remove them if they are totally unnecessary?) Can you pull up the shades higher to let in more light? Maybe just push the curtains open a bit more to let the outdoors in? Bringing in more sunshine can make your home feel fresh and light. And if you HAPPEN to need some suggestions, don’t hesitate to click right here. :-)  







Closed shutters make for dark rooms





Closed shutters make for dark rooms














BEFORE: Window treatments covering windows





BEFORE: Window treatments covering windows














AFTER: Window treatments with more open feel





AFTER: Window treatments with more open feel














AFTER: Window treatments with more open feel





AFTER: Window treatments with more open feel








Unless you have a staff, like the residents of Downton Abbey, you might not be able to undergo slipcovering all your furniture and changing out rugs. 

Keeping things simple is key to helping you keep it current.

After all, no one likes seeing Christmas decor hanging around in summer, and no one will want to see your Easter display still up at Thanksgiving. Make it easy and it can be fun and something you can keep up with throughout the year. 
 
I’ve got some spring pretties below that just might help you decorate that console, table, or mantle.
















A

Moss Sphere

B

Ceramic Bird

C

Garden Haus Candle

D

Pom Pom Throw

E

Boxwood Topiaries

F

Candle Holder

G

Serving Tray

H

Bottle Vases

I

Turtle Box

J

Spear Cushion


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento