Miyerkules, Hunyo 8, 2016

MUST-SEE: The Corner Of My Backyard Gets A Design Refresh From 'At Home' Decor Superstore!




Back garden corner, refreshed







Back garden corner, refreshed

















AtHome.com - A Proud Sponsor of This Article By Carla Aston







AtHome.com - A Proud Sponsor of This Article By Carla Aston









I'm very proud to now be an official part of the At Home Inspiration Team! 

We're a group of design bloggers who will be busy this year creating vignettes and showing off some of At Home's decor items in our homes and projects. I'll be posting once a month. Here's what I posted last time, and I'm looking forward to sharing more in the months to come. They have a huge store, right here in The Woodlands, so it's very convenient for me and for all the many decor lovers, in the northern Houston area and beyond, to freshen up their homes with products from At Home.

Today, I'm going outside to give some dull corners of my garden a bit of a refresh. 

I designed my garden from scratch, and am very proud of it. It gives me great joy to look out my back windows and see everything (well almost everything) thriving and growing. I especially love my pots by the pool - I have waaaayyy too many, but almost all of them lasted through the winter and came back on their own. With just one day of tweaking this spring, here's how they look now:







Garden View - Succulents and plants in pots 





Garden View - Succulents and plants in pots 















Garden view - potted plants





Garden view - potted plants









This corner below, however, wasn't looking so good. It became my main focus for this design refresh. Tired, dull, dark and boring, these Adirondack chairs needed a spring cleaning and some pillows!







Before chairs





Before chairs









I went back and forth...should I go color or neutral...and I finally went neutral with high contrast, black and white. I liked the pattern of these pillows and felt the black and white would stand out on my Adirondack style wood chairs. 

First, I pressure washed them; we have to do that in Houston every year because things get so moldy and scummy. But boy...they freshened up nicely. (Btw: I love pressure washing. I can always do that for a living if interior design doesn't work out.) I popped the pillows on the chairs, added in a shiny black ceramic garden stool, some planters and plants, and I was ready for a sit down in the garden.







Back garden corner, refreshed





Back garden corner, refreshed









I even picked up a new tray for drinks to go with the black and white. Now you can SEE this corner of my garden and it looks designed!







Garden view, from table





Garden view, from table









It's the perfect spot to sit in the shade and read a magazine (that just happens to have one of my projects featured on the front cover)!! :-)







Adirondack Chair and pillow





Adirondack Chair and pillow









Here are some of the close up pics. Looks inviting now, right!







Black garden stool





Black garden stool















Adirondack chairs w/pillows





Adirondack chairs w/pillows















Adirondack chair with garden seat and plant





Adirondack chair with garden seat and plant









I did a refresh on my bench in the front of the house, too. Whaaaat? There's a bench? Do you see it???







Before bench





Before bench









Well, after some more pressure washing and a new cushion and pillows, now you can. I like the turquoise color here; it works nicely against the terra cotta brick color we have.







Front yard bench with cushions





Front yard bench with cushions









If you're looking for some great finds for your garden this summer, check out your local At Home

On Instagram, tag your decor finds as they are styled in your home (insert hashtag #AtHomeInspired) and they might feature you on their Instagram profile!

I'm getting ideas for next month now! 






Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento