Miyerkules, Mayo 20, 2015

INTERIOR DESIGNERS: If You're Not Designing For Baby Boomers, You're Losing Money | Here's Why:

Image source: navigateboomermedia.com

Image source: navigateboomermedia.com

Do you think this is old-fashioned style design?

Let me tell you… This is anything but.

Why? Because...

Baby boomers, otherwise known as empty-nesters, are currently the hottest demographic looking for good design.

And the reason why:

Because they have disposable income. That's why.
 

RELATED: Two boomers design & construct the apartment of their dreams!
 

MUST-SEE: A Lovely, Garden-Inspired Bathroom Blossoms Out Of A Small Space

MUST-SEE: A Lovely, Garden-Inspired Bathroom Blossoms Out Of A Small Space

Although they do want to be smart with their purchases...

This demographic is eager to spend their money on making their environments comfortable and custom-made to their unique desires.

They are retired (or near retirement); they no longer have kids who need to be put through college; their savings/retirement is figured out (well, at least most of them have it in order); and they have piggy banks set aside, each of them full of money meant to be spent on a rainy day — more specifically, a rainy day where they've decided to go ahead and make their design dreams come true.


MUST-SEE: A Home Full of Treasures

MUST-SEE: A Home Full of Treasures

Another reason baby boomers are ready for a DESIGN REFRESH:

This stage of their life might be their last opportunity to live in a home that's designed exactly how they want it.

Mitzi Beach, designer and fellow BlogTour Vegas member, is a strong advocate for designing specifically for Baby Boomers. She has developed a design consultant business that caters to this demographic and is seeing it rise in popularity.

Another blogging friend I know, Cindy Hattersley of Rough Luxe Lifestyle, talks here about designing for this type of client.

 

MUST-KNOW: 11 Simple Ways To Make Your Small Bathroom Look BIGGER

MUST-KNOW: 11 Simple Ways To Make Your Small Bathroom Look BIGGER

I, for one, am entering this same stage of life.

My kids have moved out and are living on their own, my husband is nearing retirement himself (whereas I will still be working for a while longer), and we have more disposable income than we've ever had.

Oh, and one more reason: Quite frankly, I want what I want.

You see, I'm at that age where if I want a luxurious bathroom, then I'll just go build one myself. And, of course, I will want it tailored to fit my unique needs. And no, I'm not just talking about style, I want some legitimately good design. I want to truly love being in my home. I want to feel that satisfied, happy feeling when I walk into my custom designed space. I want all the bells and whistles that I can afford.

Is this a trend in design? You bet.

 


NEXT, ON DESIGNED:

MUST-SEE: Before & After: A Home Office Goes From 'Embarrassing' To Elegantly Inviting

MUST-SEE: Before & After: A Home Office Goes From 'Embarrassing' To Elegantly Inviting

MUST-SEE: Once Dated & Drab, This Bedroom Now Feels Like A Boutique Hotel!

MUST-SEE: Once Dated & Drab, This Bedroom Now Feels Like A Boutique Hotel!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento