Huwebes, Hulyo 7, 2016

An Easy, Beach-Inspired, DIY Summer Tabletop!




Coastal tabletop | Interior Designer: Carla Aston



















I'm part of the At Home Inspiration Team ;-)







I'm part of the At Home Inspiration Team ;-)









Last week I shared how I was getting my July 4th tablescape game on. You can check it out HERE.

Well, in case you're not yet done entertaining for the summer (hopefully you're not), then I have another summer tabletop for you today that is beach-inspired. It employs the color scheme of sand and sea or, rather, a soft turquoise blue with neutral textures and whites. 







Click to enlarge





Click to enlarge









At the center of this table is my collection of antique glass floats (that was the springboard for the color scheme).

Next, I pulled out some cloth napkins in a tiny stripe that I've had for years. And the rest was filled out by our local At Home store in The Woodlands. I'm sharing links below.

The large white bowl was just perfect for visually framing my floats. It was large, and the white is the best backdrop for blown glass objects. It enables you to appreciate their translucency and color. I love the big rim as it anchors the tabletop and sets the centerpiece off from the table perfectly in contrast and height.

I got the rope round placemats from At Home, as well (although, they aren't online). The plates are from the same collection of white dinnerware as the center bowl. I love that you can buy just a few at a time with this collection. Glasses, flatware, and even the little starfish are all from At Home.

The mugs add a little pattern to the mix, as do the glass vases. I also discovered, after using my new table and chairs for a little while here, that it would be nice to have a cushion in the back of these chairs. So I added these turquoise down pillows with a neutral linen flange. They are just the right color match, and I'm loving the boxed style of these with the mini-flange. You'll have to shop in the store for those as they also aren't available online. 

I think we've got the feel of the beach here in my suburban setting. 

And with my pool and beautiful backyard for the view, I'm on semi-vacation right here. :-)







Coastal tabletop, beach inspired entertaining | Interior Designer: Carla Aston















Coastal tabletop, beach-inspired entertaining | Interior Designer: Carla Aston















Coastal tabletop, beach inspired entertaining, turquoise and white | Interior Designer: Carla Aston















Coastal tabletop, beach inspired entertaining, turquoise & white | Interior Designer: Carla Aston















Coastal tabletop, beach inspired entertaining, glass floats | Interior Designer: Carla Aston















Coastal tabletop, beach inspired entertaining, turquoise and white | Interior Designer: Carla Aston















Coastal tabletop, beach inspired entertaining, turquoise and white, glass floats | Interior Designer: Carla Aston









 










Tap / Hover over w/mouse to Pin to Pinterest!





Tap / Hover over w/mouse to Pin to Pinterest!









Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento