Martes, Nobyembre 10, 2015

Another Sneak Peek At The Design & Development Of Our ASID Holiday Showhouse

IMG_2562.JPG

I’m getting excited about the 2015 ASID Holiday Showhouse that’s coming up soon here in The Woodlands December 5-20th!

Things are cooking over at the house. Lots of painting and remodeling is going on, all of which is done to dazzle our attendees and make for a spectacular holiday event. I can’t wait!

All of my products have been ordered for my room and are on track. My wallcovering is in; my beautiful velvet chair is sitting in the Duralee showroom ready to be borrowed; my fabrics are here and in my workrooms, my wallpaper is going up this week...everything is moving along.

They repainted all my cabinets and trim for a fresh look. Brackets and mouldings have been added to the wall between uppers and lowers so it would read as one tall cabinet piece and not be divided by a wall finish right in the middle. My faux finisher, Phyllis Palmer of Transformations by Phyllis, will work her magic on the countertop to make it look like a beautiful dark wood finish.

Cabinet with brackets

Cabinet with brackets

The room, from a wide vantage point

The room, from a wide vantage point

I’ve secured some contemporary artwork from local artist Stacy Hosrich. We’re framing his two pieces in a contemporary style, and they will be a dramatic, bright punctuation in this dark, rich space. They’ll bring a nice mix to our more traditional overall look. I’m so grateful to have his pieces in here and for what they will do for my space. Here’s how they will be framed. I saw this gorgeous art wall when we were in LA eating a fabulous lunch at Faith and Flower.

Artwork and framing from "Faith & Flower"

Artwork and framing from "Faith & Flower"

I’m also appreciative of all my vendors, as each have extended me some additional discounts on products — most recently Duralee. I must say the power of social media blessed me here; I commented on another designer’s post on Facebook about discounts for showhouses and it was picked up by Duralee’s online marketing director. She called our local showroom and extended an even better discount for me, and I am sooooo grateful! It was for this gorgeous Highland Court velvet to go on the niche cushion that I wanted to match the beautiful chair I’m borrowing from the Duralee showroom. Creative Style Furniture will be doing the immaculate upholstery.

Chair in Highland Court velvet

Chair in Highland Court velvet

The long cushion to be upholstered in velvet

The long cushion to be upholstered in velvet

I’ve done a little bit of Christmas decor shopping, finding a few ornaments for my little tree that I will put in the room. I’m doing mercury glass, birds (to speak to the bird pattern of the wallpaper), and some indigo. I’m going to wrap some packages in silver and gold with indigo/navy satin ribbons. Sooo pretty! I put together a look-alike tree with links to the decor so you can do up a tree similar to mine. You can check out that shopping board HERE.

2015 Woodlands Holiday Showhouse - A Woman's Retreat | By Interior Designer Carla Aston

Here’s a peek at some of the action going on over there now:

IMG_2562.JPG
IMG_2563.JPG
IMG_2564.JPG
My room with cabinets and mouldings painted.jpg

I hope you’re planning to come! Save the dates!

For more information, click here.

To buy tickets, click here.

if so, subscribe to DESIGN REFRESH, my monthly newsletter featuring design tips & tools that will have your home looking fresh and new in no time!

Thank you!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento