Lunes, Agosto 3, 2015

#TRENDING @ Home: Vintage Paint-By-Number Art

Vintage paint by numbers art; nursery; crib | Interior Designer: Teresea Surratt /  Image source: Land of Nod

I’ve been noticing this type of art running through my Pinterest feed for quite a while now:

I’m talking about vintage paint-by-numbers art.

I remember these. I’ve done some myself. I remember my mother bought my sister and I a couple of these boxes with the paints and brushes included, for some rainy day activity when I was young. When I saw one of these on Pinterest for sale via an Etsy shop I instantly had to investigate.

Vintage paint by numbers art available on Etsy @ CollectUrGrandmother

Vintage paint by numbers art available on Etsy @ CollectUrGrandmother

I’m really kind of drawn to them, perhaps because they bring back fond memories.

Also, I’d just straight-up like to sit down and paint one again. ;-)

They remarkably resemble old painted portraits and groupings of small oil paintings, both of which I find intriguing in interiors today. They are definitely cost effective and would look great in a beach house, a cabin, or a country home. I can see these grouped on a wall to add color and a simple, cottage type look to a room. They have a kind of primitive vibe, a lack of finesse and sophistication that is strangely appealing.

Vintage paint by numbers art; bedroom; bed | Image source: Country Living

IMG SOURCE: theletteredcottage.com

Even in a more contemporary room, like this one found on Design Sponge, they can work really well:

Vintage paint by numbers art; living room; coffee table; rug; sofa | Image source: Design Sponge

IMG SOURCE: designsponge.com

Check out this wall mural done in a paint-by-numbers style:

Vintage paint by numbers art; nursery; crib | Interior Designer: Teresea Surratt /  Image source: Land of Nod

DESIGNER: Teresea Surratt

IMG SOURCE: landofnod.com

I know what I’m going to be doing when I turn 80: jigsaw puzzles, legos, and paint-by-numbers. Just wheel me up to a table, give me a magnifying glass, and I’ll be busy for hours. ;-)

Vintage paint by numbers art; bedroom bed | Image source: Hometalk

IMG SOURCE: hometalk.com


if so, subscribe to DESIGN REFRESH, my bi-weekly newsletter featuring design tips & tools that will have your home looking fresh and new in no time! Thank you!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento