Miyerkules, Enero 20, 2016

10 Must-Have Furnishings & Decor In Black & Caramel!

Axel-End-Table-DWL9179.jpg
Bordeaux-Parquet-Engineered-15.75-x-15.75-Bamboo-Wood-Tile-PQ14-BOR.jpg
Moes-Home-Collection-Birmingham-Leather-Sofa-PK-1007-20.jpg
Orb+10+Light+Pendant.jpg
TOV-Furniture-Devon-Wing-Chair-TOV-C36.jpg

Let’s say you have some kind of architectural feature that is a little clunky, a little tired, a little unsightly.

Or, perhaps, you’re just ready for something that looks more modern and up-to-date, without making a significant dent in your pocket book.

What do you do?

Paint it black.

Because just about everything looks better and fresher and more NOW in black.

 

I love black doors.

I’m obsessed with black houses, as well as what black paint can do to a structure.

I tried to convince a client a few years ago to do a black fireplace to balance the black kitchen cabinets she had in the same open space, so I built this Pinterest board to show her.

Black faucets: so cool.

Same for black lampshades.

Obviously, wreaths ALWAYS look better on a black door.

And there’s nothing sexier than a black kitchen.

In general, a black room will get your attention faster than anything, and draw you in.

 

We just did our ASID Holiday Showhouse, and there was one giant of a space: a two story library — it was a monster.

It was terrible looking before we arrived — it was dated, with orange stained wood, and a different toned brownish-orange wood floor. (Not good.) The designer who did it did an amazing job and had all the woodwork faux finished to be a greige tone; then she did a dark brown floor. It really was an incredible transformation.

However, if I’d done it…

I would have gone black.

Gloss black on all the cabinetry-lined walls, with tons of old “books-by-the-yard” filling the shelves. Then I would have used a caramel colored leather chesterfield sofa with a hide rug, all nice and masculine-looking. I would have asked for an inlaid floor and wood parquet with black marble inset border — OMG it would have been drop dead gorgeous! And with an statement contemporary light fixture...and a chrome and glass coffee table...I’m drooling! However, there were homeowners involved (it was a remodel), as well as a goal to establish a flow and cohesiveness to the house (the house was going on the market and, therefore, needed to appeal to many), so I just knew I would never get to do black. I’d end up doing that room in a way to please everyone else, not me. (Not that there was anything wrong with the purpose of the showhouse.) I’m so grateful for the experience and opportunity. And believe me...that house looked amazing. I just knew I would be disappointed if I didn’t get to do my idea I had for that space, so I asked for the smaller home office and did it exactly the way I wanted.

While any color doused on anything will dramatically change a look or make a statement, there’s something about black that is just sleeker, more timeless, and calls more attention to itself without looking terribly abnormal. It’s bold. It’s a commitment. It’s freakin’ fabulous.

 

And today I’ve pulled together that exact same look for you to enjoy!

Scroll down below to see (and buy) what I’ve selected. ;-)

10 Must-Have Furnishings & Decor In Black  & Caramel

A

Orb Light Pendant

B

Solar Flare Art

C

Throw Pillow

D

End Table

E

Barrister Bookcase

F

Coffee Table

G

Leather Sofa

H

Area Rug

I

Bamboo Wood Tile

J

Wing Arm Chair


Btw...

I’m in Vegas right now at KBIS 2016 with an amazing group of design bloggers via Modenus’ #BlogTour.

Have a look at my Instagram and Twitter to see what we’re up to, as well as all the goodies we’re seeing live and in person. I’ll be blogging about everything in the coming weeks, so there’s lots to come.

Then, once KBIS is all said and done, you’re going to need to get your projects ready, because…

I’m gonna be home that next week, and my FFWTH in February is filling up fast!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento